You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 8:31am

2.8 GD-6 Auto gearbox issues & New to the Forum

Hi All

I'm new to the forum & recently purchased my third Fortuner, a 2.8 GD-6 4x2 A/T.

Already come across some interesting articles & I have a query regarding the auto gearbox on the new spec Fortuner.

The auto box sometimes seems to get confused when applying the accelerator in attempting to pull away from a slow or rolling stop such as at a yield, speed hump or a traffic light which has changed to green before you have come to a complete stop. It seems to get stuck in a false neutral and will hit high revs for a second or two until the box finds a gear to pull away. :fie: This is apart from the "engine braking" issue on a downhill which a few owners have raised... Mine does it too, sometimes dropping two gears on a downhill where the engine will rev to 3000rpm..

This is not ideal in a number of situations, such as when someone behind you expects you to leave from an above-mentioned area and you don't while revving like you missed a gear, entering traffic circles, or if someone kindly gives you a gap in traffic. The delay is frustrating, very irritating & in todays traffic, downright dangerous. I am aware of one other owner with the same issue who has just taken it back to his dealer.

Anyone else have a similar issue in the 2.8 GD-6 Auto?

My local Toyota dealership has been made aware of the issue & I am waiting for them to confirm an appointment to get this resolved. I will update the forum on the progress...

Regards

Breekbeen

Intermediate

Date of registration: Jul 6th 2015

Car: '10 Fortuner 3.0 d4d 4x4

Level: 30 [?]

Experience: 275,506

Next Level: 300,073

Tuesday, October 10th 2017, 8:19pm

Quoted

Hi All

I'm new to the forum & recently purchased my third Fortuner, a 2.8 GD-6 4x2 A/T.

Already come across some interesting articles & I have a query regarding the auto gearbox on the new spec Fortuner.

The auto box sometimes seems to get confused when applying the accelerator in attempting to pull away from a slow or rolling stop such as at a yield, speed hump or a traffic light which has changed to green before you have come to a complete stop. It seems to get stuck in a false neutral and will hit high revs for a second or two until the box finds a gear to pull away. :fie: This is apart from the "engine braking" issue on a downhill which a few owners have raised... Mine does it too, sometimes dropping two gears on a downhill where the engine will rev to 3000rpm..

This is not ideal in a number of situations, such as when someone behind you expects you to leave from an above-mentioned area and you don't while revving like you missed a gear, entering traffic circles, or if someone kindly gives you a gap in traffic. The delay is frustrating, very irritating & in todays traffic, downright dangerous. I am aware of one other owner with the same issue who has just taken it back to his dealer.

Anyone else have a similar issue in the 2.8 GD-6 Auto?

My local Toyota dealership has been made aware of the issue & I am waiting for them to confirm an appointment to get this resolved. I will update the forum on the progress...

Regards
Sub

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
2010 3.0 D4D 4x4
OME, ARB bullbar, SNORKEL, T-Max Winch, African Outback Roof rack,
KC Hilights, Dastec Unichip

Rate this thread