You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "DesertConvert" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 8th 2018

Car: 2010 Fortuner 3.0D-4D

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 425

Next Level: 443

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 7:45am

Removing insurance company stickers from windows

I have a challenge, and hopefully someone has a good way to solve it :)
I would like to remove the insurance company stickers form the inside of the windows they are stuck to. The windows are, however, tinted. I am concerned that any solvent etc., while not affecting the glass, would damage the tinting film.
Has anyone here ever removed these stickers from such a surface?

JPC

Intermediate

Date of registration: Apr 18th 2016

Car: Fortuner 3.0 D4-D4x4

Level: 28 [?]

Experience: 160,531

Next Level: 195,661

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:20am

I have a challenge, and hopefully someone has a good way to solve it :)
I would like to remove the insurance company stickers form the inside of the windows they are stuck to. The windows are, however, tinted. I am concerned that any solvent etc., while not affecting the glass, would damage the tinting film.
Has anyone here ever removed these stickers from such a surface?
i take it that the tinting is done over the insurance stickers, of that is the case, have the tinting redone, they can remove the stickers while they are busy. if the insurance sticker are on the back window, leave it. your rear demisters on the back window gets damaged when you remove the tinting and might not work properly.
His:
'06 VW Jetta
'09 Honda Varadero 1000

Hers:
'12 Fortuner 3.0 D4-D 4x4 MAN

• "DesertConvert" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 8th 2018

Car: 2010 Fortuner 3.0D-4D

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 425

Next Level: 443

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 9:34am

Thanks for the reply.

I would prefer not redoing the tinting. I'm stingy that way :) But I suspect I won't be able to remove the stickers without damaging the tint. Was more hoping for, than expecting, an alternative solution :)

The 2 stickers are stuck on top of the tint, on the driver and rear seat windows :( Why the previous owners did it this way I do not know :(