You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SEAPEARL

Beginner

• "SEAPEARL" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 31st 2012

Car: oct 2011 Fortuner d4d 4x4

Level: 14 [?]

Experience: 5,045

Next Level: 5,517

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 3:33pm

Fortuner D4d 4x4 2011 Manual - Window Tinting Front Windows

Hi Guys

Fortuner D4d 4x4 2011 Manual - Window Tinting

Perhaps someone out there can shed some light on the following:

I am thinking of getting my front two windows tinted with smash and grab. I was wondering if any members have had this done and whether or not the supplier was able to match the existing tinted windows .If so what was the price like and was the workmanship good .Is there any form of warranty or guarantee involved? I really do not want to go down the route of cheap and nasty film and bad /poor workmanship.Lastly is it a good idea to try and stop affirmative window shopping ?If they cannot see whats in the vehicle maybe they will not break in ?

Look forward to your replies as always

Thanks so much all the best

Pierre Oosthuizen

Kommetjie

Simo

Intermediate

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2013

Car: Fortuner D4D 4x4 Auto

Level: 26 [?]

Experience: 119,985

Next Level: 125,609

Wednesday, April 17th 2013, 5:17pm

Pierre - its not a big deal. Same as any other vehicle except for the inherent darker factory tint in the rear glass. I had mine done on delivery. I think it was 30% tint - and it retains the tint differential between the front and rear doors, plus the rear cabin. Its a good idea to make the rear space 'non visible' from the pavement, yes!

For quality work, I suggest you ask a local Toyota dealer who they use for their new vehicles...

Prices here in Guateng are very competitive between the good suppliers, such as PG Glass. You generally get what you pay for, so dont hunt the best bargain at an unknown shop...
Simo
(ex) 2010 Fortuner D4D 4x4
Fortuner D4D 4x4 Auto