You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yotaman

Beginner

• "yotaman" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 10th 2017

Car: Toyota Fortuner 4x4

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 288

Next Level: 443

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 6:53pm

Perfect Integrated Steel Bumper

Is there anyone who can tell me who the manufacturer is of this bumper. I got this pic from somewhere on the net. I think it is just perfect!

Garreth G

Professional

Date of registration: Oct 5th 2015

Car: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D-4D Isuzu KB320 Frontier

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 520,855

Next Level: 555,345

Wednesday, October 4th 2017, 7:54am

Quoted

Is there anyone who can tell me who the manufacturer is of this bumper. I got this pic from somewhere on the net. I think it is just perfect!

Looks like a Lynx bumper. They closed down a year or so ago. Burnco in the cape make something similar. Give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yotaman

Beginner

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 8:51am

Thanks Garreth, will check them out. There is nothing worse for me than a imperfect fit or shoddy uneven spacing right around. Where the wheel arch flows into the bumper especially is where many manufacturers get it wrong. This unit just looks perfect. :thumbsup:

Weskustuna

Unregistered

Saturday, October 7th 2017, 2:32pm

bumper

Take a look at Rhino bumpers, would love one on my new fortuner ... still saving :D

Mad Manny

Beginner

Date of registration: Dec 18th 2012

Car: Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4

Level: 22 [?]

Experience: 47,724

Next Level: 49,025

Monday, October 16th 2017, 10:08am

Quoted

Take a look at Rhino bumpers, would love one on my new fortuner ... still saving :D
Check out Maniac4x4

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Toni

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 20th 2014

Car: Toyota Fortuner 3 d4d 4x4

Experience: 38,378

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 10:52am

I really like the look of Maniac 4x4 bumper, but my biggest concern is our cars have air bags and crumple zones. How does this work with a steel bumper? I believe a few of the big names (including Rhino) have engineered and tested their bumpers with this in mind. How "safe" are our local bumpers?

yotaman

Beginner

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 11:38am

Got a price on the Rhino bumper which not only shocked me but also made me laugh. It would be a helluwa cold day in hell before I fork out that amount of money for a bumper. The product from Maniac looks better but if it is in the same price range, then I guess I will not commit. Without having an idea what the profit margins are, I cant help but thinking that we as 4x4 outdoor folk are taken for a ride. My business savvy remains: increase your volume/sales by lowering you price.

Toni

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 20th 2014

Car: Toyota Fortuner 3 d4d 4x4

Experience: 38,378

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 11:55am

yoyaman: I agree the price Rhino is asking sounds beyond crazy. All I was asking was how does the bumper (maniac and other local bumpers) work with airbags and crumple zones, or does it just not take this into consideration?

yotaman

Beginner

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 12:43pm

Hi Toni, I don't know. You're asking an important question especially iro insurance claims that may be repudiated if the bumper is not compatible. My guess would be that all the big brands comply but I stand to be corrected.

Rate this thread