You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jimmy M

Beginner

• "Jimmy M" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 31st 2017

Car: 2017 Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Level: 19 [?]

Experience: 17,996

Next Level: 22,851

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 11:44am

Front Runner drawer system

I had a Front Runner drawer system fitted to my 2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT during September 2017. At first the turn buckles holding the drawer system in place kept coming lose. I regularly had to tighten them. Then I went to Namibia in December to do some dune driving in the Namib desert. Some of the dunes were very uneven due to some vehicles getting stuck and the Fortuner rocked from side to side furiously going through these. This resulted in the left back bracket bending and all the turnbuckles becoming detached. The Fortuner was fully packed so the draws could not move much and beside the Hella plug there wasn't any damage. Upon returning home the bent bracket has been straighten and nyloc nuts fitted to prevent the turn buckles from loosening. However, when driving on rough roads the turn buckles become undone.

Has anyone with the 2.8 GD-6 Fortuner Front Runner drawer system had any problems?

Rate this thread