You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

uzairb

Beginner

• "uzairb" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 8th 2017

Car: 2017 Fortuner 2.4 Auto

Level: 9 [?]

Experience: 933

Next Level: 1,000

Tuesday, August 8th 2017, 9:18pm

2017 Fortuner 2.4 head-unit swop out

I have the following unit fitted in my 2017 Fortuner 2.4 Auto

Make: Panasonic
Model No.: 86100-0K240-B
Ref No.: CQ-UT05G3TT
Set No.: BT1401
The unit has DVD and Navigation. This unit looks like it is the one from the new shape V6 Fortuner.

I removed my original plain "analog" looking head-unit and replaced it with the unit above (plug and play, no mods done). It also came with the USB plug.
FM radio, MP3, Steering Controls and iPhone connected via Bluetooth tested and works fine.

Issues:
1. DVD plays sound, but no picture. Was told this is related to a safety thing, where you cant watch DVD if handbrake is not up. Here it does not display the picture even if the handbrake is up.... was told it needs some bridging..... i dont have the details of what needs to be done.

2. Navigation SD Card is lost
Require help with this, is it possible to download the maps from the internet and copy to an SD Card? Is there specific maps that are compatible?

3. Trip information(Fuel consumption) is not displayed
Is there a way to get the vehicle on-board fuel consumption readings to the head unit, is there a loom and plug already there?

Any advice? TIA
uzairb has attached the following image:
  • 2017-08-08_211709.png

Rate this thread