• "Gertb" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 29th 2018

Car: 2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 A/T

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 406

Next Level: 443

Saturday, December 29th 2018, 9:38pm

Door warning

Hi. 2016 toyota fortuner 2.8 gd 6 a/t. With all doors closed one doors shows on the display that it is still open. Cannot lock it with remote. Have to use manual key. While driving, doors will lock but warning stays that show one door is open. After a while it will sometimes go away but sometimes the warning stays. The warning and beep will go on and off several times while driving. Sometimes i drive a long while before the problem arises again. Had door sensor checked and seemed OK.

Had it checked by a dealer. He checked the knob sensor of the door and could not find a problem. Did some diagnostic test but also nothing. As long as the diagnostic machine was pluged in the door showed closed. He thaught it might be a earth problem somewhere. Never had this problem. Had my windscreen replaced recently.

Fifi

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 7th 2019, 1:38pm

Fortuner 2018 door open error

Did you manage to solve your problem? We have the same problem.

Gertb

Beginner

• "Gertb" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 29th 2018

Car: 2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 A/T

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 406

Next Level: 443

Tuesday, May 7th 2019, 3:26pm

Hi. The problem was solved. As mentioned in my initial message the windscreen was replaced prior to the problem. There was a leak on the windscreen as it was not fitted properly and water leaked in. Water leaked on the left hand side and ran down onto the wiring situated on the left below the glove compartment. Upon opening the covers we found that the wiring was wet and caused the electronics to malfunction. The wiring connections was dried with compressed air and the problem was solved. The windscreen was re-fitted and the problem did not occur ever since. I have photos if you need to see the location of the wiring.