You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cRaZyPeTe

Beginner

• "cRaZyPeTe" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 24th 2016

Car: Fortuner 3.0 L D4D Auto

Level: 19 [?]

Experience: 21,792

Next Level: 22,851

Tuesday, July 23rd 2019, 10:14pm

Wheel alignment needed AGAIN???

Hey guys,

My 3.0 Ltr Fortuna has just gone over 90,000 Km and has been serviced by Toyota Agent/s as and when due. Each and every time I get the tracking and alignment checked and it's ALWAY out. It begs the question: Why?

I infrequently go off-road and as best possible, avoid pot-holes; neither do I kerb the wheels when parking.

I'm wondering if the steering linkage system is just not sufficiently robust enough? What's your experince guys?

In the UK, I had LR 90s 110s and Discovery; both Defender models would be taken for serious off-road adventures with the 90 being also used for off-road compeditive trials. Not once did I have a problem with tracking and alignment. Tyres were the same as now: BFG A/Ts

PRA

Intermediate

Date of registration: Dec 19th 2012

Car: Fortuner D4D 4x4

Level: 36 [?]

Experience: 929,313

Next Level: 1,000,000

Wednesday, July 24th 2019, 7:30am

Strange.
I have a 2007 D4d 4x4, 230 000km, and do a LOT of offroad driving.
I do not rotate the tyres and have only ever done wheel alignment when getting new tyres every 80 000km or so.
I have no abnormal tyre wear and no tyre problems.

Rate this thread