You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Fortuner 4x4 Fans. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Emmanuel

Beginner

• "Emmanuel" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 6th 2018

Car: Fortuner GD6

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 304

Next Level: 443

Monday, August 6th 2018, 9:06am

Fortuner GD 6 Hand Brake setting

I recently took my Fortuner for a service and requested they set the handbrake as it only held after about 10-12 clicks. After the service it now holds after 9 clicks. I requested why and the service manager advised that Toyota spec is 7-9 clicks it should hold.
The old traffic rule was 3 clicks, however i do understand the fortuner has the anti roll safety function.
Please can someone advise what the actual specs are. :S

Breekbeen

Intermediate

Date of registration: Jul 6th 2015

Car: '10 Fortuner 3.0 d4d 4x4

Level: 33 [?]

Experience: 515,645

Next Level: 555,345

Monday, August 6th 2018, 10:43am

I recently took my Fortuner for a service and requested they set the handbrake as it only held after about 10-12 clicks. After the service it now holds after 9 clicks. I requested why and the service manager advised that Toyota spec is 7-9 clicks it should hold.
The old traffic rule was 3 clicks, however i do understand the fortuner has the anti roll safety function.
Please can someone advise what the actual specs are. :S

I thought that the new FT would be better, must say that is one of the things on my car that is real crappy as well.
They set mine so good at the previous service that breaks got so hot on a trip I had to slack them halfway trough Nam.
:dash:
2010 3.0 D4D 4x4
OME, ARB bullbar, SNORKEL, T-Max Winch, African Outback Roof rack,
KC Hilights, Dastec Unichip

Saltman

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 7th 2018

Car: 2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.4 GD-6 4x4 AT

Level: 12 [?]

Experience: 2,498

Next Level: 2,912

Saturday, August 18th 2018, 10:57am

Oh no ... same issue, I come from VWs and Land Rovers and there it is the 3-5 clicks max ... my 2.4 also takes about 10 clicks ... elbow under the chin stuff ...
On a recent long distance trip I could smell my rear brakes, so not sure if that was due to towing a (light) trailer ... I will certainly watch the rear pads - at the 10 000 km service I was told front pads = 10mm while the rear pads = 8 mm.
Why would the rear pads wear so quickly?