• "Johanvh" started this thread

Date of registration: May 26th 2019

Car: Toyota Fortuner 2.4 GD RB Automatic

Level: 4 [?]

Experience: 86

Next Level: 100

Sunday, May 26th 2019, 6:25pm

Advise on 2.4 GD6 Auto

Hi all, as a new Fortuner owner I need some advise and recommendations please. I recently purchased a 2.4 GD6 RB Automatic. Very happy with the car, I have been dreaming owning a Fortuner for a very long time. My only problem with the car is the automatic transmission when going downhill. I spoke to the service manager when I took it in for its first service and he explained that they are aware of the problem.
So basically when driving downhill and needing to reduce speed and engaging the brake the automatic transmission drops right back to what it almost feels like 1st gear and when you take your foot of the break it revs up.
Is there any solution please?

JPC

Intermediate

Date of registration: Apr 18th 2016

Car: Fortuner 3.0 D4-D4x4

Level: 30 [?]

Experience: 243,725

Next Level: 300,073

Monday, May 27th 2019, 8:55am

Hi all, as a new Fortuner owner I need some advise and recommendations please. I recently purchased a 2.4 GD6 RB Automatic. Very happy with the car, I have been dreaming owning a Fortuner for a very long time. My only problem with the car is the automatic transmission when going downhill. I spoke to the service manager when I took it in for its first service and he explained that they are aware of the problem.
So basically when driving downhill and needing to reduce speed and engaging the brake the automatic transmission drops right back to what it almost feels like 1st gear and when you take your foot of the break it revs up.
Is there any solution please?
Don't know the GD6 Fortuner at all, but is there an option to override the auto and to select gears manually? if so, try that next time.
His:
'14 Ford Ranger 2.2 Double Cab............ :whistling:
'09 Honda Varadero 1000

Hers:
'12 Fortuner 3.0 D4-D 4x4 MAN