Date of registration: Feb 19th 2019

Car: 2013 Toyota Fortuner 4X4 3.0 D4D A/T

Level: 7 [?]

Experience: 308

Next Level: 443

Monday, July 8th 2019, 12:23pm

Fuel Consumption

Quoted

I am driving a Fortuner 3.0 D4D A/T 4X4 and am experiencing what I think is abnormally high fuel consumption, especially when compared to my previous Fortuner 3.0 D4D A/T 4X2. For the past 6 months my current vehicle is only getting me 7.36 KM/litre which includes driving long distance towing and town driving(no stop/go traffic) and when compared to my previous model which gave me approx. 9.5 KM/litre.
My best consumption with the current vehicle was 10.4 KM/litre when I travelled to Durban(full car and luggage trailer) and my worst was 5.93 KM/litre when I travelled short distances of approx. 8 KM per day from home to work and back again with no traffic and at slow speed of 60KPH.
I always drive light footed and never really push the car hard.
My question is, because of the cold weather, is it possible that the fuel consumption is worse with the cold engine driving short distances?
The strange thing is that everytime I fill the tank, it gives me a range of approx. 650 KM and I would have thought that the onboard computer would give information based on what the fuel consumption was used prior to filling up. When I only travel approx. 380 KM after it shows a range of 650KM it really irritates the ?#@! out of me, especially when I am not driving hard and fast!!!
Any suggestions on how I can improve the consumption would be most grateful.

Quoted

2013 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D Auto 4X4
2010 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D Auto(SOLD)
2012 Jurgens Xcape

Quoted