You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 197.

Friday, May 18th 2018, 1:10am

Author: Stekel

3.0 D 4 D Clutch

I have the same issue when towing my Penta caravan. I have gotten into the habit of going to 4L when pulling into a steep incline from a stop. I agree with Cobus. Even when doing 4x4 tracks, you can smell the Toyota clutches a mile away.

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 10:20am

McCarthy Toyota Bruma

I only deal with Honeydew Toyota for years now! brilliant service and if they tell you there is a problem you can go and check...it will be a problem. I have also dealt with Fosters and Darrenwood and will rather service my car myself then take it to those guys

Monday, April 9th 2018, 12:35pm

Charging main battery

I cant see that any damage would ever happen. I charge mine with everything connected. I think the myth comes from years ago with bad bulk chargers that initially sends a spike through the system and can damage computers and equipment. Today's vehicle electronics can handle this and its also protected by fuses. Think about it, while you are driving your alternator bulk charges with no issues to any equipment. If you are using a smart charger like a C-tek or equivalent then you are 100% safe. I h...

Wednesday, April 4th 2018, 9:18am

Exhaust splatter

I read on some of the other forums that this is common as the condensation mixes with the soot. This will only happen on startup. I have never noticed this before. I will keep an eye open for smoke and oil levels. If there is no smoke and oil level does not drop then there is no issue...i think

Tuesday, April 3rd 2018, 1:09pm

Exhaust splatter

Hi Guys I noticed this weekend some oil /soot splatter on my caravan on the exhaust side when towing with my vehicle. This happened as soon as I started the car. Its not a lot, but still worrying. I cleaned the splatter and did not notice it again on the caravan. This morning I hooked my trailer and the same story again, so it seems to spit out some oil/soot on a cold start. The vehicle does have a freeflow and has about 240K on the clock. Should I worry about this?

Monday, March 5th 2018, 12:50pm

Limp mode

As I know the VSC system will detect the vehicle slipping, then reduce engine power and correct slipping with ABS. This might be the cause of power loss when you hit the bump. In saying that..this has never happens to me. Normally the VSC light will come on and it beeps at you until the slip has been corrected. No power loss can be detected. I once ripped the wheel pickup sensor cable clean off in Botswana. The VSC, ABS and engine light came on. I could however drive normally (no limp mode) and ...

Friday, March 2nd 2018, 10:42am

Upgrade drivers licence

Quoted from "JPC" banks give you the finance I read some other articles now and it seems like banks require you to have a drivers license to finance a vehicle (I think this is silly), but you don't need one to buy a car. So buying cash at the dealer, you don't need a license. I enjoy arguing about something in a civilized manner . On the other platforms there are non Toyota drivers and that is where the problem starts, If a guy cant figure out by himself that Toyota is the best vehicle then you...

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 1:05pm

Upgrade drivers licence

Quoted from "JPC" copy of the buyer's ID for finance True..you need an Id, but dont need a drivers lic https://www.autotrader.co.za/car-news/bm…ut-a-licence%3F

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 12:04pm

Upgrade drivers licence

Quoted from "JPC" how did she get finance for a car without a license - banks will never give finance if they do not receive a copy of her license! As far as I know you dont need a license to buy a car... What if your rich granny that cant drive want to buy you a car for your birthday?

Wednesday, February 28th 2018, 3:20pm

Breaking News!!!

Breaking news in very popular Bronkhorstspuit local press. Myself and Jan's Fortuners in the news. We are so famous now, we would have to tint our windows black to hide from the Paparazzi.

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 3:48pm

No Gear Selection after Launching Boat

Its sounds like the clutch did not release. Maybe air in the hydraulic clutch system?

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 3:41pm

Upgrade drivers licence

Quoted from "Breekbeen" Only problem for me is that I must get a PrDP every 2 years. If you are only planning to tow the caravan you dont need the PDP. Its only when driving a goods truck, bus or passengers.

Monday, February 26th 2018, 3:41pm

Upgrade drivers licence

Quoted from "JPC" or take the chance to drive without the license....? You can...problem does not come with roadblocks or cops, but when an accident happens!

Monday, February 26th 2018, 2:25pm

Upgrade drivers licence

Hi. I went through the same story. You cannot upgrade. You will have to redo your learners license and do the road test with a caravan for EB. The road test is exactly the same as normal, but with a caravan. For parallel parking you unhook the caravan, do the parallel park, re-hook the van. You cannot tow a caravan unless you have a EB, EC or EC1 license. I personally did the EC (code 14) for a truck. The price for lessons are a bit more expensive, but the driving itself is easier than with a ca...

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 2:17pm

BF Goodrich AT KO2 on Fortuner

What did you do with your old BF's? I need one for a spare as my spare is still a standard continental HT.

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 2:16pm

Diff lock

Remember that you must drive a bit for it to engage. It will flash when on and solid light when engaged.

Tuesday, February 20th 2018, 3:44pm

BF Goodrich AT KO2 on Fortuner

I also have a 50mm lift and KO2's. I think 1.5bar on a tar road is dangerous. I pump mine to 2bar with the wife in the car as the ride is softer. I then go to 2.5-3 bar when towing my caravan.

Monday, February 5th 2018, 4:07pm

Free Bash Plate - AmadaXtreme - Special Fortuner

Sien, ek moes gewag het! Wat kos die bash plate aleen?

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 2:29pm

Aircon switching off.

Mine did the same about 2 years ago when I was towing my caravan in the middle of the day in December (very hot out). My immediate thoughts were that the aircon was failing, but since then it has never happened again, but I dont think I have ever replicated those conditions before. I wonder if it is a safety measure of some sort?

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 7:00am

Airbag Recall

I am here now