looks cool, waiting for more!

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 5:39pm

Author: bobscratchit

76mm De Graaf.

Nice!!!

Monday, August 6th 2018, 5:05pm

Rear squeak

My vehicle has been altered and has squeeked ever since SAC in Centurion installed new shocks. Since then it has been everywhere, all the local Toyotas (perhaps the worst at findng problems) and 4x4 shops. It has cost me money and never been solved.....until I went to Cobus at Amada who has solved every issue so far. Handling is better, squeeks gone and generally quite simple problems that I am amazed all these other big boys couldnt solve and that Cobus solved in minutes. The last trip to Toyot...

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 11:47pm

76mm De Graaf.

me too.... great pix, will keep up with your news on the new parts

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 7:44pm

76mm De Graaf bolt-on exhaust

On the list for my V6

Saturday, July 28th 2018, 12:40pm

Rear squeak

Hi Mahesh, You have quite a new Tuna, have you changed the suspension at all?

Monday, July 23rd 2018, 10:37pm

Favourite wheels!!!

Quoted from "Breekbeen" Personally I loved the rims(16") on my first FT. Was a 2007 model. Why do you want to change? I was at one stage thinking of going back to the 16" rims. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk I'm slowly updating my bits, so putting in a better dual battery system, maybe a stronger winch. The wheels are not at the end of their life, like the winch and dual battery, but I have a continuous improvement point of view and I dont want these things dying and then having to replac...

Sunday, July 22nd 2018, 4:12pm

Favourite wheels!!!

Hi there, I'm looking at some new wheels for my 2006 Tuna and am totally blown away by the choice and sales BS in most outlets. Is there. favourite, do people go by price, quality, just looks, or is there more specific requiremnts that I should be looking at? I would like a strong wheel, medium price and not so much bothered about having cool looks (all looks the same covered in dust/mud!) Any suggestions out there? Thanks, Bob

Saturday, March 17th 2018, 3:04pm

Howzit!!!

Friday, March 2nd 2018, 2:14pm

Tour ready FT

Now planning Big Country RR as again it seems to be welded in the correct places not screwed together, hate having to constantly check bolts are still done up

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 6:34pm

Tour ready FT

just had the Big Country fitted with their slide, looks and feels good, but like anything on my Tuna something squeeks somewhere...even SWAMBO is happy (didnt see invoice though). Feels well built and didnt appear in a box to be bolted together like some other brands I have seen around

Thursday, February 22nd 2018, 6:07pm

Off the shelf tool kit

So after taking SWAMBO on her basic 4x4 driving course with SA Adventure (highly recommend for the total novice), a trip to afterwards Toyota showed many loose bits/nuts underneath the Tuna. Space is a premium at home, but its time to try and compile a comprehensive tool kit that can live in the Tuna all the time. I saw a nice big one in Builders Warehouse the other day, but would it be better to try somewhere like Midas? Is their a preferable brand? The loose nuts was slightly concerning, espec...

Sunday, November 19th 2017, 8:42am

Dashcams

Hi Guys, Was just wondering if anyone has a permanent front/rear dashcam that fits the Tuna well (especially the rear). Yesterday the wife was involved in a situation that would have been best explained if we had had them installed. I have now decided to fit a forward and rear cams for everyday use to avoid the issues that we have encountered a few times now. I am not the best electrician in the world, so ease of fit would be best, although I would consider having it installed if they are reputa...

Thursday, February 23rd 2017, 2:05pm

Fortuner Servicing

many thanks, will do

Wednesday, February 22nd 2017, 3:01pm

Fortuner Servicing

Hi All, Wonder if you guys can give some advice on getting my Fortuner serviced. I am out of the country working at the moment. I have a 2006 V6 Fortuner and want to get a really comprehensive service and check done at a dealer (or someone) before I come back and take it on an adventure we are planning. However, the wife is going to organise it and doesn't know so much about 4x4 servicing. What is the most comprehensive service I can get done? Will a dealer do it? It had a basic service done las...

Friday, March 6th 2015, 7:58am

got the big bits, but what about the little bits?

nice, just got to get rid of the chrome thing n front!!!

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 11:24pm

thanks for the "words of wisdom" although SWAMBO disagrees, something about being a Savana drinker or something. Anyway just as i was going to go shopping for the small bits, something is rattling underneath, maybe a heat shield or exhaust, guess its time for another expected "big thing"....an new exhaust, oh well guess it'll make the V6 purr better!!!

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 12:04am

Hi Guys, So i'm slowly building up the Tuna to be the most comfortable i can make it in the in the bush. I have the tyres, the winch, the bars, the RR, the fridge , the tyre repairer, the snatch ropes, and all the camping bits! But it gets to that point where MegaWorld and the such like run out of the stuff i want. Now its time to get the small bits, especially those needed for when i break something. I am not a mechanic or electriciain, but obviously want to learn. But what do i need? I dont wa...