You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 4:13pm

Author: Erno

Dual Battery System

The NL dual battery monitor shows that my second battery takes a charge when I start up even when the main battery is less than 70 % at start up on my 2013 Fortuna. I was shocked when I got a quote on a new Deltec D/Cycle 105 A/h battery today. Price excl VAT is now over R2000 vs the October 2011 price of R1049 excl VAT. Both prices from Deltec in Pinetown.

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 11:05am

Howling Moon Swallow Awn

Prawn, My explination about clearing the tailgate was not that clear. I don't want the awning to go round the back. When the tailgate is opened and one stands in front of the car and looks along the side to the rear, the side of the tailgate protrudes about 25cm past where the bracked will be mounted. If the tailgate fouls the awning when opening or closeing it, one could get around the problem by collapsing the rear pole. Thanks for all your replies.

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 10:51am

Howling Moon Swallow Awn

Thanks All. I did send an email to Howling Moon but have not had a reply. Mounting the aluminium strip for the bag/awning will not be a problem as I had two Front Runner roof rack bracket/feet modified by a friend and these strong and secure when fitted to the roof rail. I will contact Howling Moon again. The information on their site is not that informative.

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 8:27am

Fortuner reviews

My average for the 7185 km since the end of June is 9.6 l/100km or 10.4 km/l. The best was 7.0l/100km (14.3km/l)in Kruger. What do I like about my new Fortuna: Fuel consumption. Lugage space when the third row of reats are removed. Good off road ability for a 4x2 and diff lock. Great ground clearance and tyre size. Build quality. Dealer network. What I would like to have: Steering wheel adjustable for reach. Soft touch steering wheel like the 3.0 l. What I don't like: Dirt road handling. Very sk...

Monday, November 11th 2013, 11:47am

Howling Moon Swallow Awn

I am interested in purchasing a Howlin Moon Swallow Awn. I would like to know if the vehicle tailgate can be opened and closed if the awning is erected as the tailgate protrudes quite a bit past the side if the roof when open. Has anyone fitted this awning and is able to give me some information.