You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

Monday, August 14th 2017, 10:23pm

Author: Nico

Fortuner 2017 2.4 auto

Fortuner 2017 2.4 auto Thank you for your response. Have you approached a dealer in connection with this problem? Dealer over here say they are not aware of any problems with the auto box.

Monday, February 20th 2017, 10:19pm

New Fortuner 2017 Auto transmission irk

I received a new Fortuner in November 2017 It is a 2.4 auto. I find that the auto transmission sometimes behave strange. When cold the change from 3rd to 4th sounds like as if it search for the gear before it goes into 4th. When hot it never does it. Also when traveling at normal 60km/h in town and slow down for speed bump, the after the speed bump want to accelerate again then the revs go up and as if has not properly geared down and searching for a gear before it takes off again. Has anyone ex...

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 10:20pm

How do you remove this button?

Ja, soos hulle sê, wat die hart/kop van vol is loop die mond van oor, of sal ek sê, die vingers!!

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 9:12pm

Diesel consumption

I did a trip to Namibië from 31 March - 7 April 2014 from P.E. to Walvisbay with my 2013 2.5 manuel. We travelled via Uppington and Windhoek to Walvisbay. Only me and my wife and fully loaded at the back with aircandition 80% of the time on and with strong wind from the front from Uppington to Windhoek. We enjoyed the ride a lot as it was my first visit to the southern and coastal part of Namibië. Speed was 120km/h all the way. Tyre pressure all round was 2.2 bar. The whole trip was 4 750 km and...

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 4:13pm

Chip tuning????

I have fitted the Chipbox chip, plug and play at R3999 on my 2013 2.5. I do not know what the new specs (KW's and Nm's) are but all I can say is that I am driving with a much bigger smile now. I only have it on program 3 at 50% tuning. Safarie Centre and TJM fitment Centre in P.E. stock them at the same price. I am sure that Toyota enigines can handcle the bigger power and torque. Other 2.5 and 3.0l engines from the other makes of SUV's and bakkies deliver hingher specs. I think Toyota is over c...

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 4:01pm

Chip tuning

I have fitted the Chipbox chip, plug and play at R3999 on my 2013 2.5. I do not know what the new specs (KW's and Nm's) are but all I can say is that I am driving with a much bigger smile now. I only have it on program 3 at 50% tuning. Safarie Centre and TJM fitment Centre in P.E. stock them at the same price. I am sure that Toyota enigines can handcle the bigger power and torque. Other 2.5 and 3.0l engines from the other makes of SUV's and bakkies deliver hingher specs. I think Toyota is over c...

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 4:27pm

Real Steel'ed

Ek sou dit swart verkies. Lyk bietjie oordoen in die metal kleur.

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 4:25pm

Fortuner vs Jeep Challenge

Wys hulle nou een maal. Voorspoed. Nico

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 4:23pm

My First Fortuner

Baie welkom. Voorspoed en geniet hom soos ek doen,\. Nico

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 11:30pm

Feul consumption 2.5 D4D 4x2 manual

Open road at ±120 km/h 11,3 km/l. Town driving ±10,2 km/l. Due for first service - 10 000 km Nico

Friday, September 27th 2013, 2:47pm

Manual vs Automatic transmission

I own a manual 2013 2.5 D4D 4x2 - what a lovely car! Sometimes I become lazy while driving in town to constantly ensure that I drive in the right gear. I also do a lot of gravel road traveling. What is the experience among Fortuner owners? What does better if everything is considered, manual or automatic transmission, and why? Nico

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 9:57pm

Snorkel

I want comments with authority on the fitment of a snorkel. What are the advantages and is there any disadvantages? What make is the best to fit?

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 10:14pm

Hallo

Welkom. Geniet jou FTuner. wonderlike voertuig. Lyk of reg is vir die uitdaging!!

Monday, June 24th 2013, 8:11am

D4D Fuel FIlter issues.

Hi Ken Was this the first time in 105 000 km's with filter problems? I want to know what to expect because my Fortuner is still young. I only use Sasol so far. I have heard about filter problems a number of times. Consider having a spare filter in the car because of the unreliable diesel quality. Hope you were sorted out without to much problems.

Tuesday, June 4th 2013, 9:56pm

Nuwe Lid

Welkom Grobbies. Ek is ook maar nog net lid vanaf Februarie 2013. Moet sê dat ek die forum baie goed ervaar. Die lede is werklik bereid om te deel met hulle ervaring en niemand probeer beter wees as ander nie. Die manne is eerlik en baie realisties met hulle insette en menings. Geniet die ervaring!!

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 4:32pm

Feul Consumption

Got 11,8 km/l or 8.4 l/100km at 115 - 125km/h with my 2013 2.5D with 2500km on the clock on a trip from Uitenhage via George to Oudtshoorn and back to Uitenhage last weekend. Trip home was in rain weather all the way. I use Sasol 50 ppm at the moment.

Monday, May 6th 2013, 10:24pm

Best diesel provider

I am a new Fortuner owner. 2013 2.5D. Has done only 1200km. What a lovely car! Has also done ±30km into the Baviaanskloof on Workersday. Deflated Bridgestone Deuler A/T to 1.8bar and the Tuner handled the bad condition gravel road very well. As I am a newcomer to diesel engines I would like experienced "manne" to advise me on what is the best make of 50 ppm diesel to use - Sasol, BP, Shell or Total. Does the different makes influence performance and consumption? Thank you Nico

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 10:48pm

Author: nclaassen

Bridgestone Deuler 265/65/17

What Kilo's can be expected from these tyres with 90% tar driving and 10% gravel roads?

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 11:12am

Bande vir 2.5D 4x2

Wat is die beste band, die Bridgestone Deuler A/T of H/T? Ek ry 90% teerpad en wil dus die beste kilometers en rygerief hê. Deel julle ervaring met my asseblief. Nico

Sunday, March 10th 2013, 11:05am

Fortuner Fan Sticker

Wil baie graag ook 'n swart sticker hê. Hoe moet ek maak? Hoe betaal ek? Nico Claassen Privaatsak x21 Uitenhage 6230