You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-20 of 382.

Saturday, August 10th 2019, 11:03am

Author: PRA

Squeaking Noises

Rubber bushes on the control arms etc. can squeak. You get a Shackle Spray from spares shops that stops this squeaking.

Wednesday, July 24th 2019, 7:30am

Wheel alignment needed AGAIN???

Strange. I have a 2007 D4d 4x4, 230 000km, and do a LOT of offroad driving. I do not rotate the tyres and have only ever done wheel alignment when getting new tyres every 80 000km or so. I have no abnormal tyre wear and no tyre problems.

Friday, July 19th 2019, 11:15am

Hello Everyone

Welcome. I have a 2007 3.0 D4d 230 000km and it's going stronger every day. No problems and I don't think I've reached half-life yet.

Wednesday, July 10th 2019, 11:50am

2011 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4X4 At

Quoted from "Sha's Fortuner" I cannot hear any noises inside the engine bay...... Is the engine there and running? Is the handbrake off?

Saturday, June 1st 2019, 7:42am

Compressor in engine bay

Get a compressor in a decent case and keep it in your boot. It will remain in pristine condition and you can move it around to do other jobs when required.

Saturday, June 1st 2019, 7:37am

brake 3.0 4x4

Your car has a problem. Fix it quickly. I have a 2008 4-4 d4D and the brakes are highly responsive at all speeds, including when towing my heavy off road caravan. Consider fitting Powerbrake - excellent product. https://www.google.co.za/search?q=powerb…a&client=safari

Saturday, June 1st 2019, 7:29am

Buying second hand Fortune

R22 000 or R220 000?

Wednesday, May 22nd 2019, 5:41pm

Fortuner for SALE

Quoted from "AmadaXtreme" There is not one area where the Fortuner is the best in the market, BUT.... its great in all areas! Comparing to other SUV's in the market would might be the best in some areas... they are crap in other areas... My Fortuner was the one vehicle I never got tired, it always gave me a huge thrill to drive and was a beast offroad... By far the best 4x4 and vehicle I ever had! I agree entirely!

Wednesday, May 1st 2019, 7:32am

Full maintenance service

JPC - spot on.

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 10:09pm

Olie Verbruik

BS!!

Tuesday, April 16th 2019, 10:17am

Olie Verbruik

[/quote]Maak net seker dat jy die dipstick reg lees. Op die D4D kan dit maklik lyk of olie laag is ,maar dit is eintlik reg.[/quote] Take readings in the mornings before starting the engine. The cool oil provides clear and obvious readings.

Monday, April 15th 2019, 3:56pm

Olie Verbruik

Pardon me replying in English. I have a 3.0 D4d having done over 200 000km and I have never had to add any engine oil between services. When I service the motor I fill the engine with oil to the top mark and after 10 000km the oil is still at that mark. I use 50ppm diesel..

Wednesday, April 10th 2019, 5:54pm

dual rear wheel carriers

Quoted from "RobTee" Quoted from "pic" "would eventually crack and break the frame behind the axle" Makes sense to me. Many of the roads you say you want to travel have bone-jarring corrugations, and off road travel automatically dishes up troughs and dips in the road which you invariable see too late and hit at the wrong speed or angle and call 'hang-on'. All this while the vehicle body and chassis has to handle forces generated by 100kg+ deadweight dangling 1m behind the rear diff. Have you e...

Wednesday, April 10th 2019, 6:36am

dual rear wheel carriers

Quoted from "pic" I looked into it and was told that it's too much weight on the tail of the Tuna and would eventualy crack and break the frame behind the axel. I do like the look though. Yup.

Wednesday, April 3rd 2019, 10:32am

RE: why?

Quoted from "RobTee" Fair question - I'm retiring next year and want to explore our subcontinent - single vehicle, so want to carry 2 spares. The plan is to fit a decent-sized long-range fuel tank where the existing spare is - also as a contingency. No trailer, just a RTT on top. Satphone is another contingency. I'm not trying to be clever nor to be a superhero, but this is my experience. For the last 30 years my wife and I have travelled the subcontinent with our 4x4s and off road caravan/trai...

Wednesday, April 3rd 2019, 7:07am

Fortuner reviews

I fitted Koni shocks all around That changed the vehicle’s handling completely, for the better.

Wednesday, April 3rd 2019, 7:05am

Owners manual

I’m fairly sure you’ll find the manuals you’re looking for on the Internet.

Wednesday, April 3rd 2019, 7:02am

dual rear wheel carriers

Quoted from "RobTee" I'm planning to get 2 x rear wheel carriers fitted on a custom-built bumper. I have not got any fitted, but why on earth would you want to hang 2 wheels off the back of your vehicle?

Friday, February 8th 2019, 12:00pm

Whine from Somewhere (gearbox?!)

Quoted from "Rooster" Whining in my car normally comes straight from the passenger seat and when it goes to sleep .................... Yup, I had similar thoughts. From the signature of a member on one of the forums that always makes me smile .............. "Sometimes I wake up grumpy, Other times I just let her sleep".

Tuesday, February 5th 2019, 6:30am

Fortuner Manuals

PM send, thanks.