You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

Wednesday, October 10th 2018, 10:06pm

Author: Loafer

Please explain your username!

Loafer - I have been a loafer, having nothing to do and the whole day in which to do it, changing venues from time to time. Loafing has been my favourite pastime ever since I retired 14 years ago.

Wednesday, October 10th 2018, 12:17pm

Cummins selling Toyota D4D filter kit

More than 3 years later - I phoned them a moment ago. Fuel, oil and air filter for R 290 + VAT. What a bargain. Thanks for the info!

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 1:30pm

Chip or Software

I will be hesitant to re-map or chip a vehicle if I intend keeping it for a long time. If it was such a good idea why do they not come out the factory mapped to give the higher output? The Prado uses the same engine as the Fortuner, but is mapped to give a higher output. If you ask around you will find that many Prados crack piston heads caused by heat. Certain manufacturers' newer engines allow over fuelling (which amongst other things the chip does) to be facilitated for up to 10 seconds for w...

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 1:16pm

whining sound

You say your car is sometimes not driven for weeks. I treated a turbo diesel double cab of mine exactly that way and it gave me untold trouble, until I started using it twice a week, and all the nonsense ended.

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 12:31pm

Would you.....?

I believe the 2012 version is better on gravel roads since it has permanent 4 wheel drive. The new one does not have a central differential like the old one, but has the exact drivetrain as that of the HiLux.

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 12:07pm

2009 Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4X2 Very High Fuel Usage

13.5 is what I get on the open road towing a 1000 kg caravan. What is the condition of the air filter?

Saturday, August 25th 2018, 11:45am

How to cover spare wheel against theft

On two of my previous cars I have had the device shown in post no 3. With my present Fortuner I have a very simple device. It works on the same principal as the wheel nuts needing a special socket. See photo below.

Monday, August 20th 2018, 4:04pm

D4D - Whining noise from transfer case when in 4x4 L.

D4D - Whining noise from transfer case when in 4x4 L. What could be the cause? 132000 ks with all services done by agents. Could the oil be low?

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 6:04pm

4x2 vs 4x4

Fuel consumption is very much related to driving style. With a 4X4 Automatic if driven as if their is an egg between your right foot and the pedal and avoid harsh acceleration you will beat the 2X4 which is driven enthusiastically.

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 5:38pm

The market value of Fortuner 2008 3D4D

I sold my previous on, same model and year, with 116000 on and in mint condition to a dealer for 150 000 when Toyota offered me 120 000. The dealer in turn sold it 2 days later for 189 995 and said it was a gem because of the low mileage.

Sunday, August 19th 2018, 2:06pm

Low range stick scratching

I have the same problem. The owner's manunal gives the wrong instruction. In N it will grate the gears. In P it will change silently.

Thursday, August 16th 2018, 11:55am

New to the Forum

Hi, I have a D4D 4X4 A/T. I come from a D4D 2X4 manual, which I drove for 10 years without a single fault ever. I have been retired for 14 years, have nothing to do and the whole day in which to do it changing venues towing a gravel roader caravan to different fishing campsites where I can also take photos.